93.3 WMMR’s Jacky BamBam described her as “endless talent.” Now, it’s time for the rest of the world to fall in love with Camille Peruto‘s angelic voice.
Camille has grown up with a passion for playing guitar and writing music, her sound covering genres from pop, to folk, to rock, with even a hint of country. Now, at the age of 21, the singer songwriter is striving to make a name for herself in the business.
It was just 3 years ago when Camille’s unique cover of Fun’s Some Nights received over 23,000 views on YouTube. Little did she know, she would soon be embarking on even crazier and more life changing experiences that would better her musical endeavors.
Check out Camille’s debut album, Sparrow on iTunes
After competing on Season 14 of American Idol and having her journey cut short in Hollywood during group rounds, Camille left the singing competition with her head high and not a single regret to her name. (But seriously, how can one even be anywhere close to regretful after receiving a standing ovation from Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban, and Harry Connick Jr.?!)
This was clearly only the beginning of Camille’s bright future. Just as they say, when one door closes, another one opens.
Well, that door opened for Camille within a few months. It wouldn’t be long before she is opening up for Anna Nalick at the Havana Club in New Hope. Most of you are probably familiar with Nalick’s song, Breathe (2AM). Hint: If your memory is hazy, here’s one way to remember it… it’s the song that plays during the infamous bomb episode of Grey’s Anatomy.
These big breaks were only the start of Camille’s success, as she continued to perform in big name venues such as The World Café Live and Tin Angel.
Now Camille may not have won American Idol, but it wasn’t a lose-lose situation. What is most important is what she was able to take away from it all, such as newly discovered knowledge about the music industry, in addition to getting a good grasp on what it takes to make it on her own.
Camille is fully equipped with the confidence and determination to achieve greatness. After finally paying off her first album back in February, she is more than ready to begin a new project and take her music places it has never been before.
Make sure you stop and see Camille play at one of the many gigs she has lined up for the month of April. For more information, you can check out her official Facebook page or click here to view a detailed schedule of her upcoming performances.
- Thursday, April 7th– Ernest & Scott Taproom, Wilmington (5:30pm – 7:30pm)
- Friday, April 8th– Anglesea Pub, Wildwood (8:30pm-12:00am)
- Saturday, April 9th– Opening for The Art of Walking, Turnersville (7pm-8pm)
- Monday, April 11th– Santa Fe Mexican Grill, Wilmington ( 10:20pm-TBD)
- Wednesday, April 13th– Telethon, TBD (7pm-8pm)
- Thursday, April 14th– Harvest Seasonal Grille & Wine Bar, Philadelphia (7pm-10pm)
- Friday, April 15th– Saxbys Coffee, Haddonfield (7pm-9pm)
- Friday, April 22nd– Blue Bell Country Club, Blue Bell PA (6pm-9pm)
- Thursday, April 28th– The Farmer’s Daughter Restaurant, Blue Bell PA (6pm-9pm)
- Friday, April 29th-Jersey Java, Haddonfield (6pm-9pm)
- Saturday, April 30th– Oarhouse, Millville (9pm-1am)
- Tuesday, May 3rd– Rowan University (12:45pm-2:30pm)